Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thursday, 9/4/08 Reported By: Sofia S.

Well it was the 3rd day of school today.  Ms. Jensen, as usual, greeted us in the play yard and brought us in to class.  We started by unpacking our backpacks and starting with a word search that was of everyone's names.  I love word searches and thought that this word search was even more fun because I got to search for all the names of my classmates.  After that we started talking about Jensen's Journalists for this school year and I raised my hand to offer to be the first one.  Next we were given a timed math test that took 1 minute with 40 math problems.  I was happy that I finished the test in the one minute and got none wrong.  We then completed other math problems in our workbook.  Math lesson 2 was next and it was an easy lesson.  A writing project came after math class.  We all had to write an I Am poem.  We did a rough draft which we had to write in cursive and then type it.  After it was typed Ms. Jensen printed them out.  Shadows of our profiles were printed and Ms. Jensen gave them to us to cut out and glue the profile on a giant piece of paper and then we put the poem in the profile picture.  
 
Recess time!  I had my yummy snack and then the bell rang too soon.  We all lined up in number order.  This is something new this year.  We then went inside and had free time to do a word search or the I Am poem.  Some of us finished our homework and other wanted to do the word search. 
 
Lunch time came and after eating and playing we went back to class.  I finished my math homework and the word search.  Coach then came into our class and talked to us before our P.E. class.  He talked to us about the procedures in P.E. and the rules we have to follow.  He told us not to play right after eating.  We packed up our books and went out to the play yard.  Then we went to play kick ball for 30 minutes.  It was a good day in school and it feels nice to be back in school and to see my classmates everyday.  I was also happy that I was picked up early today because my Dad picked us up to go to my brother's soccer practice. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sofia I thought your Jensen journalists was great! One think you need to work one was that you needed some more details other than that it was good.


from,
BROOKE