Thursday, May 7, 2009

Monday, 4/27/09 Reported By: Sophia

Monday Morning Ms. Jensen’s fifth grade class came to school ready to start the new week. When all of the students came in there was a writing prompt for us to do. We had to imagine we woke up tomorrow and we were already grown up and had children. Because there were people talking (including me) Ms. Jensen told us to stop working on it and turn it into the tray, even if we weren’t finished. Then Ms. Jensen said to take out our music books and get ready for music. All of a sudden Mr. Howell came in. We started with warming up our voices. We sounded awesome! [=
After we warmed up our voices the class sang a song called Pollerita. After music we took a spelling pretest. All of the words were from the first few chapters of The Black Stallion. A lot of people got five or more wrong. Next Ms. Jensen told us to take out our rosaries and line up to go to church. I lost my rosary a week ago, but when I put on my jacket and put my hands in my pockets I found it! When we got back from praying the rosary it was snack time. When we came in from snack we were told to take out yesterday’s math homework and our correcting pens.
After that we took a math test, and I’m glad because we have no math homework when we have tests. If you finished your math test you could work on your spelling packet or read. Next we did language arts. The lesson was about past and present… again! When the bell rang all of us got our lunches, and got in line. When we got in from lunch we took two science quizzes. One of the quizzes had a word search which was really hard. If you were done you had to work on tonight’s science homework. Then we took out our fifty states maps and made sure we had them all and put them in alphabetical order. After we were finished, we wrote down our homework in our agenda and got packed up. Then, we went home, but I had a piano lesson. =(

No comments: