Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday, 4/9/09 Reported By: Josh

When I got to school I saw 3 to 5 kids that were in my class. I thought it was cold in the morning. All the kids had a St. Timothy shirt and blue jeans on. When we got inside we had to do the state maps. I really dislike doing them because they take too long to do. A couple minutes later, Sidni’s mom came to give the class apple dippers. After 10 minutes of doing our maps we chose our groups for the field trip. I went to Sidni’s group. At about 8:30 a.m. Ms. Jensen said to use the restroom before we leave. When all the students came back to class we got lined up and we left. Ms. Jensen said to sit at the benches out on the yard to wait for the 2nd graders because they were coming with us. We waited at the benches for about 10 minutes. We left around 8:45 a.m. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the Eco Station. When we got there, there were already kids there since we took separate cars. When we got on the ramp to go inside there was a lady and she was our tour guide. She told us the number 1 rule is to have library voices.
When we got inside the tour guide led us into an empty room. She showed us 2 snakes and 2 tortoises. Next she split up the groups into 2. Another guide came and took the 2nd graders. The first room we went into was the reptile room there was a snake named Skittles because its scales were rainbow colored. Next we went into the bird room. There was a green bird named Rocco. He was the oldest animal in the Eco Station. He said “hello” and “good bye”. The tour guide said he could say “oh my gosh”.
In the next room there was a stuffed animal that had a sign that said, “too late I’m already extinct.” The last room was the aquarium. The were a lot of fish but my favorite fish tank was the one with the fish from the Amazon River. I liked it because the fish were huge. The tour guide led us to the gift shop where we met the 2nd grade. Only 5 people could go inside at a time. I bought dog treats for my dogs and I bought a glass frog for my brother.
When we finished with the field trip we met the class at Mc Donald’s. I had an Angus 3rd pounder. Of course I didn’t eat it all. When we got back to class Ms. Jensen said, “Since you had good behavior you don’t have any homework except for your reading log.” At 1:55 p.m. we got lined up and went outside for P.E. During P.E. we played baseball. I was so happy because baseball is one of my favorite sports. At 3:00 p.m. the bell rang and we went home.

Until next time Josh. ☺

No comments: