Monday, April 21, 2008

Friday, 4/18/08 Reported By: Josh

I got to school at 7:40 A.M. today.  Five of my classmates were already at school.  My class and I waited 20 minutes on the playground for our teacher to come out to get us.  When we got to our class, our teacher set up a Power Point of what we should do in the morning.  The Power Point did not have a picture like it usually does because the internet was down.  The first thing we had to do was open our Spelling book to Lesson 27 so Ms. Jensen could check it.  Right after that, we did the Pledge of Allegiance and the morning announcements.  Then Ms. Jensen told us to get a privacy folder for all of our tests. 

          Afterwards, we did our Reading Stations where we completed our comprehension questions and picture dictionary for the story What’s the Big Idea Benjamin Franklin?.  I had a lot of work to do and had to finish the picture dictionary for homework.

          Next, we corrected our Math homework for Lessons 134 and 135.  Finally, we moved on to our Math test.  Ms. Jensen gave us 40 minutes to take the test.  I thought the Math test was pretty easy.

          At 10:20 A.M. we had recess.  First, we ate our snacks.  I had oranges that my grandma cut up for me.  When my friends and I finished eating our snacks, we played the game Virus.  Virus is kind of like tag, but when you’re it and you tag someone, you and that person are it.  After recess, we went to our classroom and put our things away so that we could go to Church.  Since it was a half day, we packed up our bags early so that we wouldn’t have to after mass.

          We went to Church to celebrate our school’s 50th anniversary.  This mass wasn’t like an ordinary mass because one person from each grade brought pictures and school things that represented St. Timothy School from 50 years ago to now.  I enjoyed the mass because I thought the petitions were special.  Some parents also attended the mass.  When mass ended, Ms. Jensen said, “We need to hurry up and get to class before the bell rings.”  We walked back to class and got our backpacks, lined up and were dismissed at 12:00 P.M. when the bell rang.  It was a special day at St. Timothy School!

No comments: