Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday, 3/5/09 Reported By: Josh

Ring.  The bell went off at 8:00a.m.  We weren’t so happy because Ms.Jensen was out in New York for a meeting with Scholastic.  What cheered us up was our substitute was Ms.Coy.  Ms.Coy was one of the best subs ever.  The first thing we did was get unpacked and get our chips for our logic links.  Our logic links is a paper that has 3 circles across and 3 circles down. I really like logic links.  There are clues on the left side of the paper and you have to use your chips to solve the clues.  I thought it was really hard.  It took me about 15 minutes to solve it. 

            Next we did religion.  I thought it was really fun because there was a prayer.  I wanted to be the leader but I didn’t get chosen.  After religion we did stations.  The stations were comprehension, library, computers, and word study.  The comprehension was our Time for Kids magazine and a worksheet about the magazine.  I kind of dislike the magazine because it is boring.  My favorite thing about the magazine was an article about what kids eat for breakfast. During library you go to the class library and read.  For the computer station we had to type an article about the field trip on February 26,2008. Word Study was in our workbook.  The lesson was about contractions (BOORING).

            When we were finished with our stations we had snack.  For snack I had chips (it was so good.).  It was soooo cold I could hardly move my fingers.  My friends and I played basketball.  The bell rang at 10:20a.m.

            Later we did math.  The lesson in math was finding the area of a triangle (it was really easy).  Since we had a lot of time left until lunch we had time to do our homework.  I finished really early.  I finished early so I finished my pretest that was due Wednesday.  Before I knew it the bell rang and it was lunch.

            It was a lot hotter than it was during snack.  For lunch I had beef with rice.  It was so good.  My friends and I played basketball for a while then we played volleyball. 

            When Ms.Coy picked us up from lunch we had our social studies quiz.  It only took me like 5 minutes or less.  Later we did science.  The lesson was about friction.  It was pretty cool.  After we did our science we did language.  The lesson was about helping verbs.  When we finished language Ms.Coy said,” Write down your homework so we could go to P.E.”  Sofi won the SLE.  The SLE award goes to the person who acts the best during the day.

            At 2:00 p.m. we had P.E.  The first thing we did during P.E. was the mile.  Grant, Kelly, and I were the only people who did the mile.  I ran the fastest J.  After we did the mile we played capture the flag.  The bell rang at 3:00 P.M.  Another productive day at St.Timothy.  Until next time, JoshJ. 

No comments: