Monday, March 2, 2009

Wednesday, 2/25/09 Reported By: Sydni

Today was the first day of Lent and Ash Wednesday. Lent is when you give up something for forty days. I think fasting this year is hard because this year I am giving up sodas and I drink sodas every day. Once we got inside we unpacked and started on our Logic Links. I thought today’s Logic Link was really easy.

When everybody was finished, we corrected Religion pg. 142. I did pretty good because I got a B+. Once we finished correcting our Religion page we did Chapter 9 Religion Test. I think I did okay because I’m usually good at Religion. We were supposed to read, once we finished the test, but some people were talking. Next Ms. Jensen said, “Take out a piece of handwriting paper.” Then we talked about Lent and about what we are giving up for Lent. Luckily I already knew what I was giving up for Lent. Once we thought about it, we wrote it down and then signed the bottom of the page. We then started on the reading questions called “Think and Respond.”  I don’t like doing those questions, but I have to. Afterwards, we got to work on our Narnia Wardrobes. I love drawing but I just don’t like drawing more than one person.

         Next, it was finally snack! Once we got back in it was math. Math is not my favorite subject and it has never been. The only time I liked math was in third grade, and that is it. Today we did lesson #73. It was review so all we did was lesson practice. Everybody did lesson practice on the board and only two people got wrong answers. THANK GOODNESS! I wasn’t one of the people that got the wrong answer. Afterward, we got to start on our homework. While we were doing our homework Ms. Jensen told us that we were having lunch at 11:20 am. This was because we were going to have church at 12-1 pm. We usually have lunch at 12:20 and right followed by technology class. It was nice of Ms. Jensen not to cancel technology, all we had to do was switch around our schedule. After the homework we had lunch. It was so much fun having lunch with the little kids.

Once lunch was over we had church. Church was pretty short, but the most important part of today’s church service was the ashes, of coarse. Then we tried to finish up our Narnia Wardrobes, but some of us didn’t. Next was Technology class, which I absolutely love. In this part of technology we are going to make music videos. Silent music videos are when you only play music, but you don’t talk. We are doing a music video on the Boston Massacre. Once Technology was over we went outside to get our lunchboxes from downstairs since we left them for church. Next was Science, where we did our Science quizzes from last week, luckily they were open book. I thought the crossword puzzle on the back was kind of hard. We then assigned who was going in whose car tomorrow for the fieldtrip to Riley’s Farm. The people that are going in my mom’s car are Grant and Nina, and that’s perfectly fine with me. Then we wrote down our homework and got packed up. Once that was done, we watched the last five minutes of Narnia (the older version). Finally it was time to go home! I can’t wait until tomorrow’s fieldtrip! 

No comments: